Friday, June 4, 2010

NUS + SAM

Today I ventured out of the city center to visit the National University of Singapore (NUS) Department of Architecture. School is out of session (Summer Vacation) but luckily staff was there to assist me. I was able to see their Student Archive exhibit, Located on a mezzanine level of a large space that appeared to be the Presentation Hall where they conduct critiques.





I’m NOT stealing ideas, I’m just thinking about how I could use them or improve upon them :)

I was looking for Studio Projects that tried to address Urban Issues of Singapore, among other things



Next to the Architecture Department, was the recently founded CENTER for SUSTINABLE ASAIN CITIES. It is research center for graduate students of the College of Design and Environment. View their Websites here

After all this I headed to the Singapore Art Museum for the afternoon. The current featured exhibit was of a painter/artist local to Malaysia/Singapore that is the iconic name for fine art in the contemporary age (Post WWII). Yeh Chi Wei shaped contemporary art for the region and was most famous for his Leadership in the TEN MEN GROUP. He organized Malay artist go on Travel excursions in search of New Material and inspirations. Sounds Familiar!?! Please check out his work! (Click on the side arrow to see more paintings)

No comments:

Post a Comment